Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9


I had some fun exploring Merlin and other library related news feeds. I added Merlin along with some other news feeds. I liked using Feedster because I could choose the category I wanted to use . I liked Topix because I could choose a news feed that was related to Westminster , Md. I also got a weather newfeed for local weather. I found Technorati to be confusing. It was mainly searching popular information and I could not find anything that I was appealing to me. I really liked Second Life and even found a video by dholechek. I thought it was my newphew but it was not... someone in California. I liked the idea of creating a vitual world complete with your own characters. You could come up with some creative ways to use this site at work for role playing market research and even college classes. I explored all the gaming links and the Social networking learning link. I checked out some gaming avatars and virtual worlds. It is like a whole new world to me.


No comments: