Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Week 6, Thing 15

I read though all of the perpectives on Library 2.0 from the list . I really liked the viewpoints from Micheal Stephans, a Librarian Blogger. I like his view of open forums. Why not make the Library community part of the Library team? He suggests discussing plans in open forums. Michael Stephans sees the importance of incorporating new technologies to make Libraries "transparent". I think a good example of the Carroll County Library using new technologies is the Tech team. They are planning to use My Space which is very popular with teenagers.

http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/3.htm

I also liked the ideas about OCLC. I liked the idea for implementing Web 2.0 Technologies with OCLC. The ideas presented would make OCLC more avaiable to the public. The public would not have to rely on placing holds though a Librarian. The ideas of allowing anyone with a web browser to be able to search Worldcat is a very good idea. OCLC is expanding to keep pace with a quickly changing world.

http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/4.htm

No comments: