Thursday, July 5, 2007

Week 7, Thing 16

I learned all about the wonderful world of Wiki's I read all of the information about wiki's including the slideshow. I looked at some wiki's . I liked the SJCPL subject guides wiki. I really like this idea. I looked at the Local and family History subject guide. What great information if you are starting a family tree. This would be extremely useful for patrons to use as a resource. I also looked at the Book lover's wiki by the Princeton public Library. I can see myself using this wiki. You can find reviews on all different types of books from Biographies to Westerns. I like the idea of community wiki's. What a good way for teams to communicate. I also liked the idea of adding wiki's to the catalog to allow patrons to add reviews or a summary about books. The ideas are endless. For example a wiki could be set up for programming . The wiki could be a valuable resource to the programming department. Librarians would be getting ideas from around the world. I do think that for reasech purposes that Wiki would not be the best choice.

No comments: